Black Forest Grid Freiburg
The BFG community consists of an interdisciplinary group of researchers at the Albert Ludwig University joining forces to establish an infrastructure looking for new solutions in scientific computation.
Participants are coming from almost all fields.
- 18.12.2014 dCache upgrade (from 16.12.2014 17:15 to 16.12.2014 17:15)
- ATLAS srm dCache upgrade v2.2.21 to v2.6.33
- 14.11.2013 bfg cluster up after nfs problems
- fs1 reinstalled with oi151a8 providing better zfs/nfs capabilities. perhaps single reboots to complete system config.
- 10.11.2013 bfg cluster up - homedirs available
- after some time consuming hardware and installation operations fs1 is up again. Homedirs are available. There was no data loss.
- 09.11.2013 bfg cluster down - fileserver crashed
- system of fileserver fs1, hosting diskless nfs shares and 50% of userhomes crashed
- 20.06.2013 bfg cluster up - homedirs available
- homedirs of fs2 were moved to fs1 and are available
- 19.06.2013 cluster up bfg homedirs partially missing
- batch and grid functions of the bfg cluster are restored. 50% of the user homedirs are not available at the moment.
- 18.06.2013 fileserver crash, cluster down
- fileserver fs2, hosting system image of the clusternodes and a part of the user homedirectories, crashed
- 30.08.2012 Short downtime of bfg cluster
- upgrading dCache and cvmfs requires short downtime and restart of services. downtime is expected to last from 10.00 to 14.00 only. queues have to be drained starting the eavening before.